Thursday 22 January 2009

And finally snow...

Cold snap on the moors around here continue with the first snowfall of the winter. Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor received a good covering last Monday. I got a rush of energy Tuesday morning, and charged up the camera in readiness for a foray up onto Twelve Man's Moor to get reference shots for some "winter-scene" paintings. However, as is often the case day-to-day work activities took over, the picture on the easel refused to paint itself and I told myself "I'll go up there tomorrow". Tomorrow came, car needed to go to the garage, weather warmed up and all the snow thawed out and came sluicing down the Lyner river on it's merry way to the English Channel. Damn!


What I might have seen - a fox enjoys the snow on Dartmoor...



"Vixen on Holwell Tor"

Oils on canvas

This painting is available to buy just contact me for details




No comments: