Wednesday 7 January 2009

Frost and foxes

Post christmas cold snap has hit Bodmin Moor with a vengence. The ground water and streams coming down off of Kilmar Tor (Cornwall's third highest point at around 350m) have been frozen solid for days. Not that I'm complaining as the crystal clear blue skies and low sunlight have provided some fantastic views and plenty of inspiration for new paintings. Makes a change from the usual months of rain we have most winters down here!

One highlight of the last few days was an extended view of a dog fox foraging for moles in a frozen field nearby. Must have watched him ranging from molehill to molehill for at least twenty minutes until it got too cold to stand around any longer and me and the dog had to walk on before we both got frostbite. Now if I'd only had my camera...


The lower ridge of Kilmar Tor on a (much) warmer day

"Kestrel Hunting - Kilmar Tor"

Oils on canvas 20 x 24 inches

Available to buy - just contact me via email


No comments: